Did you miss the panel on Innovation in the arts last month? Fret not, the Seattle Channel captured it on film and you can view it here. Artist Trust & the Henry Art Gallery co-presents a stimulating discussion about what defines innovation in the arts these days; is it the process or the end-product? What constitutes innovation in a world where there`s ‘no new idea’ ?
What does innovation mean when applied to the arts? Join Artist Trust and the Henry Art Gallery for a moderated discussion with arts professionals from a diversity of disciplines as they explore how innovation in the arts is experienced, identified and defined.
- Moderator: Marcie Sillman, Arts Reporter, KUOW
- Leo Berk: sculptor; public artist; Artist Trust 2010 Arts Innovator Award recipient
- Shawn Brixey: new media artist;Associate Professor, Floyd and Delores Jones Endowed Chair, UW Center for Digital Arts and Experimental Media
- Margie Livingston: painter; sculptor; Artist Trust 2010 Arts Innovator Award recipient
- Matthew Stadler: Portland-based author; arts instigator
- Sarah Wilke: Managing Director, On The Boards