The Universal Artistic License

In the creative world today many feel that one needs a series of letters after their name to be successful. An MFA? or BFA? Possibly even a PhD? What if all you needed was a License?

Of course, true artistic license does not require a legal document, but the Department of Artistic Licensing will be open this summer to make them for anyone who would like one. Participants will need to fill out a short form and get their photo taken; after processing, the creative person will receive their own laminated Universal Artistic License.

The cost is free; there will be an interaction between people, an exchange of ideas, playfulness and hopefully a deeper appreciation for all forms of art.

Universal Artistic License is located in Occidental Square Park during select days in August. Click here for opening hours.

 Check out example licenses with the UAL of the Day page.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s