Sprout is a locally sourced community dinner that funds emerging Seattle artists with a vote. Participants pay a sliding-scale entrance fee for which they receive a homemade dinner and a ballot. Diners watch presentations and vote on a variety of proposed artist projects. At the end of the dinner, the artist whose proposal receives the most votes is awarded funds collected at the door. The completed work is then presented during the next Sprout dinner. Sprout V will be on November 5th, 2011, 6:00pm at All Pilgrims Christian Church on Capitol Hill.
Over the course of four sold-out dinners in the past year, Sprout has granted $5,000 to emerging Seattle artists through micro-grants. Launa Steinsdoerfer, who previously received a $750 grant at Sprout IV, will offer updates on her project The Commoner’s Cookbook at this upcoming feast.
Additionally, we are pleased to announce the newest line-up! Below is a list of the Sprout V’s featured artists and the projects they will present.
- 2 New Choreographic Works by Kate Wallich & Allie Hankins
- OpportunityCosts: The Brief Life of Shanta D. by Amy Benson & Scott Squire
- Taxi! by Adrienne Lopez, Line Sandsmark, Loryn Hatten, and Ryan Barnes
- Profanity Hill IV by Alexa K. Koenings, Jason T. Miles, and Sophie Yanow
- LICK! Presents: #1 Must Have by Adrien Leavitt & A. Slaven
- Gold Moon, Sharp Arrow by Max Maitrice & Malic Amalya